The Lawrence Conservation District will be working with the City of New Castle and Mahoning Township this construction season to complete Dirt, Gravel and Low Volume Road Projects on Neshannock Avenue Extension and Erskine Quarry Road. The focus of the projects will be on improvements to the drainage problems currently on the roadways. The work plans developed in cooperation with the municipalities are anticipated to provide a number of water quality benefits to the receiving streams. Be sure to check our Facebook page for pictures and videos of the improvements as they are installed in the field. Questions about the program may be directed to Becca Naber 724.652.4512.
- PA DEP News Release: Anglers warned not to eat fish from the Shenango River
- 2018 Dirt, Gravel and Low Volume Road Program Grant Round is Open
- Mahoning Township Awarded Low Volume Road Program Funds
- NRCS Conservation Local Work Group Meeting
- City of New Castle and Hickory Township to Receive DGLVR Grants for Road Improvements